Thursday, November 20, 2008

Why now the best time to start a business…

I have been in an ultra super doper grind mode lately. What does that mean? Well it means I have been working very hard. I have been starting businesses left and right, and so far all of my startups have been extremely profitable. And I can give you five reasons why they will continue to be profitable.

1. Conventional wisdom teaches us to acquire assets when they are at a discount, and sell when they are at a premium. (What is an asset? An asset is something that makes you money, i.e. employees, billboards, computers, trucks, rental income properties, etc.) With unemployment reaching record highs, finding high quality part-time help is becoming easier and easier.
2. Cash is at an extreme discount for borrowing. Word just came out from the Federal Reserve that they expect interest rates to be at 0% in late January!!!!! (get ya credit together!)
3. Vendors are discounting their prices to increase business. For example, on a property I purchased last week for $3,000.00, I am able to get that property repaired and rentable for under $2,500.00! And get that property up to Section 8 standards, netting me $750.00. So the property will be completely free and clear in less than 8 months of receiving revenue!
4. With gas prices dropping daily, transportation services companies are looking to partner with owner operators for hauling freight.
5. With a new administration coming into office, their will be even more incentives to hire, and insure yourself and employees.

Now, I am not recommending going out and quitting your job and go new business starting cold turkey, but what I am recommending is that you should not be afraid to realize that we all have some degree of ingenuity, and that now is the perfect time to seek out opportunities to utilize our GOD given gift of creativity to feed and take care of ourselves.

No comments: