Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Paying it backwards… A way to get our economy out of the hole.

Today while driving in my car I was listening to CNN and I heard the most interesting story. Apparently at a Starbucks out in Oregon, customers are paying for the person behind them in line at the drive thru. Now this phenomenon is catching on nationwide. While listening to this, I was in the drive thru at a Subway, and the person in front of me paid for my sandwich!

After experiencing getting paid backward, I decided that I had to pay it backward for someone else. Economic theory leads us to believe that the only way to get out of a recession is to spend. Conventional biblical wisdom also teaches us to that if we give that we shall receive. What a novel way to get out our current recessionary mess, by giving. I wonder that if we all began to give a little more instead of taking, how much better off we would be over all?

No comments: